The current pandemic needs everyone to be on alert. The high risk group of individuals with underlying disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart and obese patients must take proper steps to reduce the probability of an infection.
Prevention is better than cure.These simple steps would be useful
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- Avoid close contact with anyone that has symptoms
- Get enough sleep
- Maintain a healthy gut by ensuring that your microbiome is at the optimal levels to prevent potentially dangerous immune over-reactions that would damage the lungs and other vital organs.
- Get adequate sunshine exposure
- Exercise to boost immunity
- Stay hydrated with taking such isotonic drinks, taking coconut water helps a lot but during this MCO it will be a challenge to find one. Always keep a packet of HydroCo to remain hydrated and fresh during these hard times.
Diet would be the key to stay healthy and boost the immune system. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help increase your blood antioxidant levels to defend your cells from damage caused by harmful molecules known as free radicals.High antioxidant nutrients usually contains in these items
- Dark chocolate
- Goji berries
- Red Cabbage
As per the press conference that the Director general of Health Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah mentioned that once a person is positive of Covid 19, we don’t know whether he or she will develop symptoms and the stages of infection. The stage that we would want to limit and reduce is the inflammation that the infection would cause and bring the other complications at bay. This inflammatory process would cause excessive mucous secretions and disrupt the lung efficiency.Therefore taking supplements and foods that have anti-inflammatory properties would have a protection and reduce the inflammation due to Covid 19.
- The supplements include:
- Pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 fish oils
- Dark leafy greens
- Berries and carotenoids
- Fermented foods like kefir,natto,kimchi, miso and tempeh. These foods contain probiotics that will help the body to get rid of the harmful toxins that promote inflammation.
Other anti-inflammatory herbs to consider
Reducing the consumption of these pro inflammatory foods also would be beneficial
- Refined Sugars
- Processed vegetable oils
- Processed foods and trans fat
- Excessive alcohol
- Oxidized omega 6 fats
Trace Minerals also plays an important role in ensuring a proper and strong immune system.
- Zinc supports effective function and proliferation of various immune cells and healing process of the body.
- Selenium is needed to reduce the oxidative stress levels and modulate the immune cell signaling function.
The human body is a wonderful organism that if given the proper nutrition and building blocks for it to heal, it will heal naturally. The problem arises when there isn’t enough nutrition to go around.One of the key to fight against the current Covid 19 pandemic is a strong immune system.Help it with the proper nutrition and prevention steps. We shall succeed.
Frusenia 3.0 & 6.0
Supplementing your body with the correct antioxidant will give you the protection. Insist on natural extract of antioxidant and stay away from synthetic or chemically derived ones.
Barleans Omega 3 is a fat-regulating (antilipemic) nutraceutical that is used in addition to diet to reduce triglyceride (TG, a fat-carrying particle in the blood) levels in adult patients with severe elevations in blood levels of TG (≥mg/dL).